FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy on board: Implemented on BA short haul - opinions on the concept
Old Oct 4, 2016, 10:13 am
Tim1975

Originally Posted by Misco60
I completed the online forms, claiming my 1000 Avios compensation for each of my forthcoming ET flights. I clearly specified the dates, flight numbers and the fact that I was claiming Avios in lieu of the promised complementary food and drink.

This is what I received in return (edited)...

So, just a standard cut-n-paste job that shows without a doubt that no-one read or understood my claim.

I certainly will be contacting them directly, because I'm not letting them get away with this.
I have received a cut and paste letter similar to yours but also awarding 1000 per person (4000 for the family in total) which have posted.

This was in response to a very strongly worded perhaps over the top letter threatening legal action (I am a lawyer who spends his days with patents and who has never done a small claims action and who is genuinely prepared to do one for the experience - although of course they will settle before) . The letter refers to my flight in February which is a RFS of ET out and CE back, so I have replied on the basis that I am assuming that the compensation was for that single ET flight and that I am looking forward to receiving the same for each way of my ET return flight booked for April.

For information, I am Bronze (and never been more than Bronze) with enough bookings already made for me to turn silver by the New Year. The rest of my party are blues.