FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2016 Edition
Old Oct 2, 2016, 7:34 pm
appleguru

Programs: DL PM
September 2016 DTW -> PEK in C+. Two meals + mid-flight snack served in coach. Love that they provided a small menu (first time I've seen this on a DL flight in Y):
Name:  MenuFront.jpg
Views: 2639
Size:  402.7 KB
Name:  Menu001.jpg
Views: 2640
Size:  382.5 KB

I started with the black pepper pork for dinner, which I really liked:
Name:  Black Pepper Pork.jpg
Views: 2590
Size:  497.9 KB

Mid-flight snack was a bleh sandwich in a bag, served with fruit and some cookies.

I got the sweet and sour chicken as my pre-arrival meal; was also quite good:
Name:  Sweet and Sour Chicken.jpg
Views: 2590
Size:  493.1 KB

Service during the flight was OK... maybe I was just cranky about my seat mate taking up half my seat :-/ FA did find me a kit kat hidden away somewhere when I asked for something sweet in the galley

Return flight, normal Y... got a red amenity kit instead of the black one from C+ (what's the difference? they both have earplugs and an eye mask? iirc?)

Got a menu this time too:
Name:  Menu.jpg
Views: 2594
Size:  400.9 KB

Got the stir fried chicken (bit bland, but good!). Salad an dessert were disappointing:
Name:  Stir Fried Chicken.jpg
Views: 2628
Size:  361.6 KB

Mid-flight snack was again a meh sandwich in a bag with an apple and a chocolate wafer cookie this time.

For 'breakfast' I got the beef brisket (yum!). Was odd that it came with a crosspoint, fruit salad and OJ, but I actually like all of those things better than their normal dinner equivalents, so that worked out great
Name:  Beef Brisket.jpg
Views: 2578
Size:  452.9 KB

Much more comfortable flight in C- (seat mate fit in his seat much better this go around).

All in all, was very surprised with the Y meal service!