FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - South African Safari Companies: Go Touch Down Travel and Tours vs others?
Old Oct 2, 2016, 6:56 am
FlyerGoldII

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
South African Safari Companies: Go Touch Down Travel and Tours vs others?

The company is based in USA and Canada (Ontario), and specializes in tours to South Africa - I learned this a few months ago, when go to a travel show in Ottawa, Canada. Apparently, I entered a contest, and I was called a few days ago saying that both my wife and I had won a month draw whereby we each get CAN$1800+ credit towards purchases made through that company.

They had me see the 30 min video (which is the first step to activate the credits) on their 7 day Capetown tours and also the 7 day safari tours; the next step is they will call me in 8 days to give more information.

Having gone through their web site and the tripadvisor thread on this company, most reviews are positive, but they are also on the expensive side. Some other tour companies (including AAA/CAA?) offer cheaper tours?
What do you think of their 2 tours? Do they offer any other travel services or packages?

Can anyone give me details on approx. prices, deposit requirments, cancellation regulations?