FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Last 747 Flight
Thread: Last 747 Flight
View Single Post
Old Oct 1, 2016, 5:21 am
CDG1

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
Angry

Originally Posted by DernierVirage
Sounds like the last flight could have been better managed, rather than being a bit of a mix between a normal flight and a special celebration. When Air France retired their last passenger 747 there were some special flights put on just for people who wanted to take photos, wander around etc.

I still think it's inexcusable that there was no water canon salute or a special welcome at the gate in HKIA though.

I feel really sad reading the last few posts, I loved the CX 747s so much, it's like part of my life has disappeared.
Are you serious?
The way Air France organized their final two B747 flights was total FAIL.

There was only one phone line available, the old fashioned "call this number and wait for them to answer".

So many of us tried calling spending our whole day from line opening time to closing time two days in a row, never getting any answer, just a constant busy signal. It was so terribly frustrating.

And then they had so many guests on board that only halff the seats went to those who paid for their tickets. They offered a party in the hangar and a full tour of France at low flying altitude.

They should have had 10 of these flights they would have filled the planes. Also they could have had a website the same KLM did for their first B787 flights first come first served, online not one stupid phone number with an operator taking the calls.

Air France MEGA FAIL it was. A realistic image of what Air France has become after they ended Concorde service.