FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Last 747 Flight
Thread: Last 747 Flight
View Single Post
Old Oct 1, 2016, 2:41 am
midlevels

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by QRC3288
anyone have any more pictures or links? Was there any celebration upon arrival at HKIA?
Nothing at HKIA. Just loud greeting from 8-10 staff standing in a line at the gate saying "Welcome to Hong Kong!!!".

Sorry I'm not much of a photographer so other than some personal pics I didn't take anything worth sharing. There were plenty of other FlyerTalkers on the flight who spend a lot of time taking photos and I'm sure eventually those will make their way here.

Flight was good, upper deck J pax who were near the cockpit could also go inside in and take photos with the crew while the preflight checks were going on. Tours of crew quarters available during the flight. There was a special menu printed for today's flight (at least in J, don't know about F/W/Y) specifying that it was for today's flight only. Numbered certificates were given out while boarding.

Flight was basically a party atmosphere, on upper J, most of the time the seats were empty as people were milling around. Galleys and aisles full of people.

Some people in F/J actually booked this flight without realising it was a "last 747 flight" and were really annoyed with all the extra fanfare and "annoyances", just wanted to get from point A to B with minimal fuss. At one point they had to close off the F cabin as there was too much foot traffic of "tourists".

45 DM and 20 OWE on the flight.