FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA: LAX-MIA-UIO RT Biz $858: 8256 flown miles
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:15 am
thekevstir

Originally Posted by joetraveler99
I'm now in UIO and my 7am return flight to MIA this morning has bee delayed by 9 hrs, which obviously messes up all my connections MIA-JFK and JFK-LAX. Fortunately I'm still at the hotel in town, and I've managed to rebook onto at 2:13 PM flight today to Miami, in coach (!) and then a 7pm flight direct to LAX in standard recliner First. Bummer. Agent couldn't do anything for me in terms of downgrade flight credits (take it up with business office after flying is complete) or preserving the ORC. So as I was hopefully closing in on EXP, I unfortunately may instead wind up with fewer EQMs, and also a modest 'residual' refund for a downgrade to coach for the first leg. Anyone have any thoughts or strategies to help me deal with airline on this one?
Sounds like we were on the same flights. Luckily, I was up at the ungodly hour when the delays for the 7am flight were posted and was able to call in to get booked in business on the 2pm flight before they filled up. Once my miles post I was planning on submitting a request for ORC and suggest you do the same.

Oh, and that 7am flight finally took off...at 11pm. So be happy you weren't sitting around at the airport for 16 hours! :P