FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA again rejects DC drivers license
View Single Post
Old Sep 25, 2016, 10:44 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by WillCAD
I wonder whether these incidents are caused by the same ignorance and stupidity as the New Mexico rejections - TSOs see "Mexico" and "Columbia" and assume the licenses are from foreign countries, but they fail to see the "New" and "District of" portions that are literally RIGHT NEXT TO those words.

This issue arises from the basic stupidity and lack of reading comprehension of the average American. I love my country, but unfortunately it's full to the brim with stupid, Stupid, STUPID people, and many of them work for government at the federal, state, and local levels.

The only reason this doesn't happen with New York and New Jersey licenses is that most Americans are too stupid to realize that NEW York and NEW Jersey were named for the English city of York and the English Channel island of Jersey. I'm sure that most think NYC was named for a candy company (feel the sensation!) and NJ was named for either a sports uniform or a cow.
Isn't the cow named after the island?