FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA1 to SQ255 (T3 to T2)- which transit hotel?
Old Sep 25, 2016, 9:54 pm
Mike Jacoubowsky

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
You'll able to find the answer here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...sit-hotel.html

Changi is very easil navigated and with 17 hours between your flights I would say it all depends on your budget and preference.

Having said that, you may even want to consider a hotel in town as the distances are short and I doubt you'll be sleeping for 16 hours.
Thanks, good thread!
Originally Posted by SQ319
You may want to check with UA as they may be willing to interline and check your baggage through even on different PNR, then you may stay airside if you prefer.

The only transit hotel after customs and immigration is Crowne Plaza Changi, or you may consider going into town, since u have cleared CIQ. However, your flight times are such that you may need to book 2 nights (prebook for early arrival, and late check out).
I'm hoping UA will do exactly that- check my baggage through. Both tickets issued by UA but different PNRs. What I'd like to do is crash 6-8 hours at the airport, then head out and see the town for a while, heading back to the airport around 10:30pm or so for our 12:45am flight. Actually a bit earlier since I'll want to take a shower before the flight, which I can apparently do at the SQ lounge (flying biz on Singapore).

If I do carry-on only, it's easy. Transit hotel at the same terminal I arrive. But if I have to check my baggage, it becomes more interesting-

A: If I can check the bags all the way through (SFO-SIN-BNE) then no problem, same as carry-on. But I probably won't know that until I check in at SFO. The rules may say no, but I've interlined bags on separate PNRs before without issue.

B: If I have to check baggage for the first flight and can't check it all the way through, then I need to head over to the other terminal to check it in there. Does Singapore allow you to check baggage 16 hours prior to flight?

Thanks-

Last edited by Mike Jacoubowsky; Sep 25, 2016 at 10:52 pm