FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott/Starwood merger closed; FAQs; Status Match; MR & SPG accounts can be linked
Old Sep 23, 2016, 9:22 pm
orca15

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Originally Posted by bhrubin
I'm not at all interested in staying 7 nights at a MR Category 7 hotel...since most of them are Fairfields, Courtyards, and Residence Inns, along with a few Marriotts and Autograph and scattered Renaissance properties that aren't nearly as good as their brand suggests.

The MR people have been fooled into thinking these are great redemptions..but over half their points go to a 7 night hotel stay that isn't that great in the first place--not aspirational AT ALL. Aside from the fact that most people aren't going to want or need to stay 7 nights. For the average consumer, perhaps that will be fine...but not for the aspirational consumer.
Ha! 360K MR (120K SPG) got me 7 nights in the Rome Grand Hotel Flora (with a suite upgrade) and 120K Delta miles. That's pretty much double what I would have gotten with the equivalent SPG...call it 50K Delta and 7 or 8 nights in a decent Washington DC *wood.