FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MORE FREE passes to Precheck - Managed Inclusion III
Old Sep 23, 2016, 11:44 am
ashill

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by vincentharris
Alright, I am thoroughly defeated on this. Based on the posts I got it, I am a moron.
I think you misread the posts. I think the general thrust (certainly my opinion) is that Pre Check screening should be the norm, not the exception. Incidentally, TSA shares that view. The issue is adequate staffing. Adequate staffing to make it fast for an individual Pre Check flyer can be done either by keeping other passengers out of Pre Check (the approach you prosed, which TSA has used by default because they haven't gotten as many people to sign up for Pre Check as they would like) or just by simply hiring and retaining enough screeners (the approach I think most of the rest of us advocate).

Writing a letter to your representative to complain about TSA's inadequate staffing causing long lines for everybody is absolutely a good idea, IMO. Writing your representative to complain that TSA is shunting too many other passengers into the faster Pre Check line making it slower for you but faster, on average, for all travelers (which I believe is the crux of the suggestion in the original post) doesn't strike me as a terribly strong argument.

Originally Posted by chucko
Writing a letter is a good idea (better than email), but fax it, don't mail it. Because of the anthrax scares, most Congressional mail gets sent to a special screening facility, which delays its delivery by up to several days.
Up to multiple weeks, not just several days.