FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Program Details for M&B
View Single Post
Old Sep 23, 2016, 2:19 am
irishguy28
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by sihctr
My wife reached gold last week, but it seems that the excess miles do not count for re-qualification. Is this correct, or should I ask for this to be adjusted?

Also, do you know if the tier miles of the 4th segment should count towards the requalification? At the moment they are not, but that might have to do with the timing of the posting of the flights. More specifically, we flew BRU-ATH on 15/09 and ATH-PAS on 16/09. The domestic flight appeared first and triggered the upgrade. As a result, the qualifying period is until 15/09/2017. The international flight showed up a few days later, but nothing changed. The missing remaining segments are however correctly counted, which adds to the confusion.
Can you please provide a screen-shot of the "requalification target", or write it here? (i.e. XXXXX miles and 4 A3/OA segments, or YYYYY Tier Miles, before 15/09/2017)

(It is actually difficult to understand what has happened without seeing the evolution of the Tier Miles as they were added to the account.)

I believe that it is more advantageous to clock up the required 4 sectors before exceeding the reduced target in order to limit the loss of Tier Miles, if it is your intention to "activate" the lower thresholds.