FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying Money Orders at Walmart(2013-2016)
Old Sep 22, 2016, 3:34 pm
Surface Interval

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by themasterpiece1
I need some help please. I been buying MOs at this one WM fine until today when the register glitched.

I was buying a $299.30 MO with a $300 Visa Gift Card from Staples. I have done this many times without an issue. Today the register said invalid debit transaction, which is fine since I can try at another WM. However, when I got to the car I checked the balance on the gift card and it was 0. I immediately called Giftcardmall (the number on the back of the gift card) and told them of the situation. They said to go back to the store to process a refund and if that did not work I would have to file a dispute. I spoke to a manager at WM and they informed me that they think it might be a hold on the card and that I should wait 24-48 hours until the hold falls off. The WM manager spoke to the cashier and she verified that the transaction did not go through.

I remember reading on these forums a very similar story and they had to dispute the charge. Anything I should do to make sure the dispute goes through correctly? I don't mind that the dispute process can take 90 days but I just want to make sure that I do get my money back.

On the gift card mall website it shows a successful purchase at Walmart today for $300. This was right after the MO transaction was invalid.
I've had similar experiences. It usually shows back on the card in about 24hrs. I've heard some state 48hrs. As always hang onto any receipt you may have just in case.