FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flying business(upgraded)+economy, lounge?
Old Sep 22, 2016, 12:33 am
remdk

Originally Posted by dehetoxic
Need you guys suggestion.

Basically I'm flying ARN-DOH on business, connecting to Delhi on economy. Last month I've tried to access to Mourjan lounge with my OW Sapphire but denied, and used Business lounge instead(awful).

So I was wondering, is it possible to access the Arrival lounge before immigration, then go to departure gate from there ? I have about 3 hours transit.
dehetoxic OW status does not give access to Al Mourjan. If you look at https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access under "oneworld lounge access for frequent flyers by tier status" you will see " Qatar Airways Al Safwa and Al Mourjan lounges at Hamad International Airport in Doha and Qatar Airways Premium Lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 4 are excluded.".
However there are many reports that arriving in longhaul J and continuing in Y will give access to Al Mourjan. Just show the boarding pass for the incoming J flight. This is the only known exception to the rule 'Departing in J'.
The airside arrivals lounge is for passengers whose destination is Qatar. It is not much more than a comfortable waiting room whilst dealing with immigration procedures. Unless you intend to exit the airport you will not have access to it.