Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Flying business(upgraded)+economy, lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2015, 7:13 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Need you guys suggestion.

Basically I'm flying ARN-DOH on business, connecting to Delhi on economy. Last month I've tried to access to Mourjan lounge with my OW Sapphire but denied, and used Business lounge instead(awful).

So I was wondering, is it possible to access the Arrival lounge before immigration, then go to departure gate from there ? I have about 3 hours transit.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 8:56 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by dehetoxic
So I was wondering, is it possible to access the Arrival lounge before immigration, then go to departure gate from there ? I have about 3 hours transit.
Before immigration? As with all arrival lounges, QR arrival lounge is landside.

Since it is a 3hr transit, I don't know if it makes sense to go through immigration and customs just for the lounge ...
Old Jul 11, 2015, 2:06 am

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
You need to do this the other way round: upgrade your flight leaving DOH, I did so a few days ago VIE-DOH-HKT with an 8.45h stop over and got Al Maha service with STPC and Ford Taurus pick up + Al Mourjan access before boarding.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 2:28 am
Suspended
Original Poster

opss, i mean i wouldn't go out to immigration. can i just use the arrival lounge then head back to departure hall without going through immigration ?
Old Jul 11, 2015, 8:21 pm

opss, i mean i wouldn't go out to immigration. can i just use the arrival lounge then head back to departure hall without going through immigration ?
No you cannot. Lounge access in determined by travel class of onward connection not departure. Qatar wants to Keep Mourjan exclusive for premium travellers.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: BAEC
Most arrivals lounges are located either near the baggage hall, or in the arrivals area after customs, so AFTER immigration. Unless you have a Qatari visa already, then it wouldn't be worthwhile. You can't use the arrivals lounge unless you go through immigration. I think you're stuck using the Business lounge.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 11:33 pm
formerly Fly-Swiss

Programs: SQ

Basically I'm flying ARN-DOH on business, connecting to Delhi on economy. Last month I've tried to access to Mourjan lounge with my OW Sapphire but denied, and used Business lounge instead(awful).

I'm actually in the same situation. It is still unclear to me if I can use the oryx lounge when arriving in C in DOH, even though my ongoing trip is in Y.
thanks in advance.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 12:15 am

Fly-Swiss there have been a number of posts on this forum that arriving on QR in longhaul J (five hours + flight time) and departing in Y on an OW flight gives access to Al Mourjan. Apparently you just need to show the boarding pass of the arriving flight as well as the departing BP.
Since you do not appear to have any Oneworld status you would have to pay for access to the Qryx lounge.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 12:33 am

dehetoxic OW status does not give access to Al Mourjan. If you look at https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access under "oneworld lounge access for frequent flyers by tier status" you will see " Qatar Airways Al Safwa and Al Mourjan lounges at Hamad International Airport in Doha and Qatar Airways Premium Lounge at London Heathrow Terminal 4 are excluded.".
However there are many reports that arriving in longhaul J and continuing in Y will give access to Al Mourjan. Just show the boarding pass for the incoming J flight. This is the only known exception to the rule 'Departing in J'.
The airside arrivals lounge is for passengers whose destination is Qatar. It is not much more than a comfortable waiting room whilst dealing with immigration procedures. Unless you intend to exit the airport you will not have access to it.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 1:08 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by remdk
The airside arrivals lounge is for passengers whose destination is Qatar. It is not much more than a comfortable waiting room whilst dealing with immigration procedures. Unless you intend to exit the airport you will not have access to it.
Are you sure this is correct? It sounds more like a description of the Al Maha waiting area.

The Arrivals lounge is for premium pax who have cleared immigration;

http://www.qatarairways.com/my/en/pr...ls-lounge.page
Old Sep 22, 2016, 1:45 am

impeymac I was talking about the airside lounge which is shared with Al Maha. Not the landside lounge as described in your link. According to the Wiki on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...unges-hia.html the airside lounge is rather basic with few facilities. It is certainly not the landside lounge QR describe. It is certainly not suitable for what dehetoxic appears to require.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 2:30 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by remdk
impeymac I was talking about the airside lounge which is shared with Al Maha. Not the landside lounge as described in your link. According to the Wiki on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...unges-hia.html the airside lounge is rather basic with few facilities. It is certainly not the landside lounge QR describe. It is certainly not suitable for what dehetoxic appears to require.
Ah, gotcha!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.