FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA stories (Travelling on United Airlines) (Archive)
Old Sep 21, 2016, 8:20 pm
CHOPCHOP767

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by GSBEWR
But UA Clubs are not public places. They are privately owned spaces on airport property and operated by United. Really, they are no different than any restaurant or bar.

In situations like this, this is why there are the Dragons. While discussed in another thread, very few people have actually encountered them as Dragons, this is, in fact, part of their job: to make sure there is peace and order inside the club. (I don't count the personnel who refresh the food area and clean the place, because they won't ever do anything.) Since some clubs are so large, the front desk staff won't know what is going on unless you tell them. They may not like having to dress down someone, but they know if asked they have to do it. A complaint was made and they have to fix the situation.
^ This really bothers me too. I had to call on a 'Dragon' in EWR a few weeks back for a pack of drunks. Trust me, I'm all about having a great time, but this was really out of control (LOUD profanity, general shouting at each other, obnoxious remarks - all were pretty hammered). The Dragon did apologize and did approach and ask them to quiet down or leave. For future reference, the T&Cs from UA:

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...nge/rules.aspx

Specifically:

"During your visit to a United Club location, we ask that your attire and conduct are consistent with a professional environment."

"United reserves the right to terminate membership or remove any customer from a United Club location for inappropriate conduct that is disruptive or fails to comply with membership terms and conditions."

and oddly: "Sleeping is prohibited in all United Club locations." I have to admit, I'm guilty a few cat-naps, so I guess I might be a kettle calling the pot black