FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Immediate turnarounds in Europe on A3
View Single Post
Old Sep 15, 2016, 1:43 am
gpb_croppers63

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Originally Posted by KLouis
@gpb_croppers63

Sorry, I thought FreakySigns' question referred to hydrogen's MR that involved SKG, which is why I wrote that It was not possible. I've often promised myself to read more carefully, but it's difficult to change at my age...
Ha ha! No worries. I know that problem all too well.

Originally Posted by :D!
If your ATH-TXL is the one at 0840 then just nap in the A3 lounge. You will likely be the only person there from 0400-0530. If it's the 1330 flight then possibly worth a hotel though I would just have some coffee and take the metro to the city and back.

So, did A3's computer consider this a transit of LHR and not charge you the extra taxes for upgrading? It should be fine at 2100 but I wouldn't try a back-to-back on the other 2 flights.

I wonder what the flight attendants will think when they see you getting back on the flight. 9 hours is a long time to be going nowhere
My ATH-TXL is at 14:50 so I have 11 hours between flights. I've booked a hotel so I can at least get some sleep. I've seen Athens quite a few times already so sleep is more important on this occasion.

No extra taxes required at all. I'm guessing the computer did consider it a transit in that case. I'm confident it will be fine at that time of night. I know LHR T2 pretty well anyway so I'm sure I'll make it. I'm going to tell the FAs what I'm doing on the way to LHR so that they don't think I've gone crazy. I'll also ask them to make sure they wait for me in LHR. Ha ha!!

I'll definitely report back once I've done the flights to let you all know how it went.