FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Periodic Random Fashion Report - NYC
View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2016, 2:25 pm
CDTraveler

Originally Posted by edcaya
From a cursory observation on today's Metro commute: lots of sleeveless dresses and sandals galore. The more adventurous ladies (like yours truly, who's in Pivotte's desk-to-date dress) are wearing pieces with cutouts.
Sleeveless dresses and sandals were definitely the way to go. I alternated those with a skort and sleeveless blouse. Well, except for the day I spent from 7 am to 6 pm working in my over-airconditioned hotel room. After being chilled all day, I ventured out in jeans. Walking 4 miles around the Mall in jeans in 90F and 60% humidity was not at all pleasant.

Originally Posted by Buster
Headed to NY next week...what's everyone wearing these days? The weather looks like it's actually going to be fairly nice.
Not actually in NYC, but not too far. "Nice" is a relative term for the weather around here. Forecast for next week is in the 80's but it may be unpleasantly humid. I'd opt for sleeveless with a light sweater/jacket unless you need to be dressier for work. Either way, loose is more comfortable than clingy. Personally I don't wear sandals in NYC because of the grossness factor on too many sidewalks, but I see them.