FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst
Old Sep 10, 2016, 6:06 am
conquistador74

Originally Posted by BlueZebra
There are FAA rules about staffing. I believe the requirement is one FA for every 50 pax for the capacity of the plane.

Flew a 757 DEN-SFO Aug 2, with 24 people in BF. There were able to do PDB, plus full dinner meal service and follow up beverages in a less than 2 hour flight just fine. One FA made the meals, one transported meals to pax and followed up with drinks. They were a well oiled team.

I rarely fly anything other than Business or First, both domestically and internationally. 2 per cabin domestically for BF is standard staffing, except on the smallest planes. There is more staffing on international flights in Business and First.

The FAs just signed a fairly nice contract. I think you might be reading this a little off.
From an FAA perspective, you may be right, but from a service perspective, they should have more. 757 ExCo has 16 seats. The PS product is an international configuration and marketed as a premium product. They could use more staffing.