FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying Money Orders at Walmart(2013-2016)
Old Sep 8, 2016, 9:50 am
gap4jason

Originally Posted by lumangoy
No. Whether csr enters amount or not, it looks like the first pic I posted. (Sorry, am on tablet, not easy to repost pic)

You need to see the cancel screen,and be quick to cancel it so you can change to debit.
Well...I had a bit of a success this morning. Although I purchase 4 MCGCs, I decided to give 1 or 2 of them a try and see how it goes. I approached the CSR and informed her that I need a Money Order for $200 (I planned on paying the 70 cents in cash)

Even before she got to her register, I started to SWIPE the card....nothing happened. I didn't want to panic....she finally did her thing...and I remember the screen in front of me changed with money order amount of $200 and the $0.70 cent charge....there was a pause, I guess it prompted me to swipe the card again...so I did. This time...the CANCEL button showed up and stayed on for awhile....I clicked it, then chose DEBIT....and then a receipt came out....flagging that I used a Credit card, she said her screen showed I used a credit card.

I remained calm and asked the CSR if we could try it again, this time using $199.30 as the MO amount....we went through the exact same thing as described above, and this time...SUCCESS. So for me, it worked out when I used a lower amount that made my transaction total $200 ($199.30 + 70 cents).

Since she was nice, I asked if I could have another MO for the same exact thing....$199.30.....it all worked out. As much as I paid 70 cents 2x, I didn't mind. I got the $15 off rebate, and I'm just glad that I was able to get rid of 2 of the 4 MCGCs so far.

Thanks Lumangoy and all.....this site is so helpful.