FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hello? Is there anyone there? [Contacting BA out of hours?]
Old Sep 7, 2016, 4:48 pm
Sully the Scarer

Location: EDI, and often LHR, DOH and PVG, OPO or AMS - or just about anywhere else...
Programs: BA Silver (soft-drop now I moved all longhauls away), KLM Gold, Emirates Gold, and others
Hello? Is there anyone there? [Contacting BA out of hours?]

Its just hit me with a startling reality.

I have a booking to fly LGW to EDI tomorrow lunchtime, and due to family issues I really need to be on the 07:30. I have a Biz flexible ticket, so it should be rosy.

However - BA call centre closed, online changes closed, no chat, no online response service. I literally can't change my flight.

Perhaps I've never had to do this before on BA, or its never happened like this - but on KLM a few weeks ago I needed to change a flight and I (with no status at all) sent a chat message at 3am and got a reply instantly, with changes made in minutes.

What on earth is happening with BA? Is this some British antiquity to still operate a "6-10" service, when all other airlines are operating 24/7 through multiple channels with instant responses? Utterly bizarre.

Anyone know any way to change a booking - I fear even if I arrive at the airport at 6am they won't be able to validate the change before I need to board...From BA experience even that takes an hour or so...