FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How much should I pay for First to Hawaii?
Old Sep 6, 2016, 11:02 am
highlander88

Programs: AC*E35
Okay thanks everyone, appreciate the insights.

I'm gonna go ahead and book the F seat, with the 5,000 extra miles which I (probably generously) value at 0.02c/mile, that helps narrow the difference a bit.

Also the fare came down from $622 to $589, and although the diff between Y and F didn't change, it's nice psychologically.

Originally Posted by PVDProf
Just as a point of contrast, this is just a bit more than I'd fork over for a one-way domestic F, even one that was nine hours. I can come up with a lot of really nice ways to spend that in Hawaii that would bring me a lot more enjoyment. I'd suck it up and settle into an E+ seat with some food from the terminal and look forward to my trip, and perhaps try to route through the west coast for more comfortable equipment.

I'd also be on the lookout for $150 buy-up offers.
Yeah see my problem is my elite status is with air canada and that doesn't get me E+... which would mean $143 to purchase an E+ seat at booking at least

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 6, 2016 at 12:58 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member