FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ExpertFlyer and Air Canada- how to read
View Single Post
Old Aug 29, 2016, 2:27 pm
Geoflying

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by adam.smith
As for your flight, all those numbers tell you is what fares AC is still willing to sell, not how many seats are actually available. Remember that AC is willing to oversell on the hope that people will no-show or change to other flights, or, if not, hoping that VDB or IDB comes out to less than they earned by selling a last-minute fare. So, a flight can be Y2 but be oversold.

I'd guess, based on those loads, that it's pretty close to sold out, but not necessarily oversold, since they're still selling a Flex fare (albeit the most expensive kind). Is it worth going to volunteer for VDB? Could be, but no guarantees. As an E75K though, it's highly unlikely AC would bump you, so volunteering is the only way you'd get paid.
Yes - 2 hours ago my flight AC 856 was showing 3 seats available for sale in PE and all economy fare buckets at 0. Now it is J4 C4 D4 Z3 P3 R0 O0 E0 N0 Y2 B2 M1 U1 H0 Q0 V0 W0 S0 T0 L0 K0 so I guess they have already bumped some folks up to PE and made 3 seats available for sale in economy. It could still be oversold in economy though as there are a few seats available in J (hoping one of them might end up being mine as I am in paid N class)

Edit: In the time I typed that it went to J6 C6 D6 Z5 P5 R0 O0 E0 N0 Y0 B0 M0 U0 H0 Q0 V0 W0 S0 T0 L0 K0 - They are clearly rearranging things now it is almost T-2hours, possibly based on how many people have already shown up at the airport and checked their bags etc.

Edit (2): At T-55 minutes it is now back to J4 C4 D4 Z3 P3 R0 O0 E0 N0 Y2 B2 M1 U1 H0 Q0 V0 W0 S0 T0 L0 K0 - fun fun

Edit (3). OpUp happened

Last edited by Geoflying; Aug 29, 2016 at 4:24 pm