FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Y seats on 777-300
View Single Post
Old Apr 6, 2004, 4:51 am
Savage25

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jpatokal
Savage25, khop khun khrap for the tip! I managed to get 32C for both the 777 legs and I have to say that approximately 5 meters of leg room is a new personal record in economy. Frankly, I think C is a better choice than A, because there's nothing but the hallway in front of you. The flip side is, of course, increased odds of getting your toes run over with a duty-free cart, but the staff were pretty careful. Oddly enough, the planes I flew on featured a telephone booth (!) next to the 32C, which was excellent because nobody ever used the thing, so no queues and no toilet smell either -- unlike 32C's evil twin 32H. And oh yes, no bawling infants on either flight, nor seatmates in 32B; was I just lucky? (32A was occupied.)
Glad I could help! Yep, the leg space is great in 32C and I would take it any day over any other row in Y. I personally prefer 32A is because it has a window and its out of the way of the FA's when they move their carts. Plus I can cross my legs without the bottom of my feet pointing at an FA walking by (Its considered extremely rude in Thailand to point your feet at someone...seemingly insignificant, I know, but its something I've come to appreciate after living in BKK for a few months).

And while I'm OT, here's an interesting tidbit: Ever wondered why the TG FA's change into their traditional outfits on board as opposed to the TG uniform they wear while they're in the airport? Apparently TG considers their aircraft a home-in-the-sky and in order to welcome you into their "home", they change into they colorful traditional outfits.

Ok, back on topic, like I said earlier on the 773, 32AB are blocked off for passengers with infants and they only release it at the airport for *S or *G. But only if you ask! I've had a couple of flights with just me in Row 32 when the flight was about 80% full

I've never noticed the phone booth before...so thats what the double-arrow thingy is on their seatmap!