FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX Terminal 5 to TBiT
View Single Post
Old Aug 27, 2016, 1:04 pm
danielonn

Originally Posted by mnbp
I'm with danielonn, I like to check out (in advance) where I'm going (when I have a chance). To me, it would be worth the time to see exactly how check in is laid out at TBIT.
I agree. In fact I am departing to Thailand on a Wednesday and this trip down to LA I will be returning on September 7th so I am going to try an emulate the process under the same conditions. Just like a scientific experiment. I may be a bit off on the timings but the rest will be the same. My plan of action is to first drop my suitcase at T5. Then I will go downstairs to the Baggage claim and find how am I going to go to the TBIT Checkin.

I will walk along the arrivals area and take the escalator up to Departures or the elevator by TBIT after T4.

I will gauge the Air China lines to see how it is. Our Delta flight arrives at 9:40 AM for a 2:20 Departure. On the return we arrive at 11:00 AM and leave at 4:15 to SJC so I hope the lines won't be long. Have I left enough time to transfer our bags from Delta to Air China, check in and security? On the return is this enough time for Customs and take our bags to Delta? We leave for Thailand on a Wednesday and return to LAX on Tuesday.

IF there is time leftover on the return to LAX from Thailand I will walk back to the TBIT after clearning security no point now waiting in T5.

One through security I will find the general gate areaTHa of Air China, how to get to Level 6 for the lounge etc.

Thanks for your tips.

Last edited by danielonn; Aug 27, 2016 at 1:11 pm