FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Boston Do: September 15
View Single Post
Old Aug 27, 2016, 3:37 am
Marathon Man
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Talking

For those who love to chat about Fts latest follies and deals...

American Express Platinum 100k MR card issue:

One of the topics I have been fired up about lately has been the last Amex Platinum CC and how Amex locked up or clawed back peoples' points on the card.

Here is the thread, and when my wife's card got compromised, we went into action and eventually got them reinstated and we used them quickly thereafter:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post27125786

Post #749 is where I explained what happened to her, and then I posted a letter we sent to CFPB, the response from Amex, and finally, her last letter to an executive at Amex. It was only after that, did her points quietly become useful again.

Post #770 is where a bloke tells his take on how to handle this, and post #899 has more of my babblings on what to do to try and get em back. The battle rages on for many others including friends of mine who still cant seem to get their points back.

So if you or someone you know is experiencing this, or something like it, some of these posts and others are worth the read.

Oktoberfest - and Europe in general:
I have been traveling a lot with my family and we just went to five countries in Europe and to see family over there, and now a friend of mine and I have plans to return again to Oktoberfest in Munich this fall!

Outside of FT and what are people up to now:
I have been quite inactive on FT but I have begun to post a bit on Elliott.org, and that is a consumer advocate site that also has a forum. I even do some volunteer work by performing checks and edits to some of the writings on the site. (Note that due to some sort of dispute betwixt this site and that one, the link may not work when accessed through FT. Open a new browser and just type: elliott.org. It's a good place to go for real help with real issues from real people. Interestingly, they do not like MS over there... but that's ok. The more people who do not do it, the better it is for me and those few of us left who are still able to do it.

Decent brew, if that's yer thing:
Finally, I will try to smuggle some good beers into the DO again like last time. I just cant drink the swill most bahs sell these days. Has to be 95+ rated--(unless it's Oktoberfest beer in Germany lol)and you can visit Beer Advocate to see the ratings of most any beer. Just type the name of the beer or brewery into their search bar and you should see results. It's generally accurate. For example, here is one that is local to Boston!
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/30654/134064/

See ya'll at the Deaux!

MM