FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2016 Edition
Old Aug 25, 2016, 10:13 pm
Detroiter

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
IMO the snack basket has always been tacky. It's basically gas station snacks in a basket. I think that F should have individually plated and prepped fresh food snacks for flights that are too short for a meal. Things like cheese & fruit plates, or yogurt and a fresh pastry for morning flights, etc. And personally, on flights with a meal, I don't need a snack basket in addition to the meal. If it's a really long flight (5 hours +) then do something classy like warm cookie service later in the flight.
Dream on. I too would love some actual food (like maybe a small salad plate or a sandwich or your breakfast pastry) on flights over maybe 400 miles or so, but it ain't gonna happen unless forced by competition, and I don't see that happening anytime soon. It's absurd that one can be on a 2:30 duration flight leaving at 1700 with nothing more substantial than some chips or cookies (meaning actual dinner gets pushed back to around 2100 or thereabouts), but that's the way the world is these days.