FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Separate ticketing / PNR: AA, oneworld, through baggage & protection issues > 2016
Old Aug 18, 2016, 9:58 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by JMurray
Does anyone have an update on the possible changes to AA baggage interlining.

Connecting from AA onto a separate BA ticket with a decent connection time, although one that isn't long enough to collect and re-check bags. So if AA refuse to interline my bags at LAX I'm pretty screwed.

Obviously this is intensely frustrating given that BA have changed their policy and then applied it retrospectively so to see AA potentially following suit would really be the last nail in the coffin.

Changing rules is one thing, but changing them and impacting passengers through a retrospective application is quite another in my book.
BA is not interlining / through checking baggage on separate PNRs any longer.

AA:
Customers traveling on separate tickets where one segment is an award ticket and another has been purchased can through-check bags. Travel must be on American or oneworld partners, and not on partners outside the oneworld alliance (like Etihad or Air Tahiti Nui). Tickets much be in the same reservation. Eff. 1 Sep 2016 (Gary Leff, View from the Wing, 16 Aug 2016)