FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Courtyard Bali Seminyak [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Aug 18, 2016, 8:49 am
chavala

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by xp2000
I think its funny when I hear people complain about the security. Really? Its TOO secure for you?

the complaint about "security check" is that the check doesn't actually catch anyone carrying dangerous items. they need to question people who enter the hotel, but obvious guests aren't likely to be bringing in bombs etc. I asked the security team what they are finding on a daily/weekly basis. they showed me 1) a swiss army knife. 2) a small kitchen knife like the one used to cut lemons. So a lot of hassle EVERY TIME, for no real effect.
If they were in a very public street, with a lot of traffic, then fine, have x ray and scanning. But here, where they're in the middle of a lightly traveled tourist strip, its obvious who is a guest and who is not. They just need to be alert to entering "non-guests" rather than making us go through the "'security" charade.
(this whole check reminds me of taking shoes off at the US airports, as if that's going to make us all safer...)
No, they haven't caught anyone with a bomb because someone with a bomb is not going thru security -- THAT is why there IS security.

You think checking to see if everyone is a guest would take a shorter amount of time then just walking through a metal detector? Let's see, I have to fish for my key... I suppose I should have picture ID to match, including everyone in my party. What if I want to bring a guest in for a drink? What if a non-guest wants to enter the lobby for a drink or just to look around? Maybe they can do a bit of racial profiling and not let any locals in? Would that work for you?

And I don't believe they would take my "lemon knife". That's not what they're looking for obviously.

Last edited by chavala; Aug 18, 2016 at 8:50 am Reason: sp