FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 9:39 am
sriirvine

I was fortunate enough to get a 40K/1500 spend mailer from my friend (expiration of 08/15). I've used it for myself once successfully and one of my parents successfully. My friend used it twice for himself and his wife about 2 months ago. So a grand total of 4 successful apps.

I tried to use it this morning for my DW and am pretty sure I filled out everything correctly. I got the following message:

"We are unable to approve your application. You will receive a letter in the mail with the reason" (paraphrasing the last sentence due to forgetting to copy it!@)

Never received this message from Citi before. I'm wondering if this is a rejection based on the additional fraud checks that sdsearch alluded to? Or perhaps 4 is the limit for applications using a single mailer?

For completeness, DW has two AA cards. One is a using the old W->WE loophole and the other one is use a *different* 50K/3000 spend mailer that another friend let us you.