FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oneworld Explorer Rule Changes that we would like to see
Old Aug 8, 2016, 11:44 am
JAXBA

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by headinclouds
Travel may originate at any point for which fares are published and must terminate at the same point, except that origin-destination surface segments are permitted as follows:

Add within Europe.

Countries that use the Euro have the same fare, so why not start in Germany and end in Spain. Also, many of the African fares are quoted in US $ and are the same. Why not Europe as well.
Originally Posted by pandaperth
Which, with the current definition of Europe, could mean something like originate in Germany and end in Morocco
They could narrow it slightly by saying 'within the European Union' or more generously, 'within the European Economic Area' which is the EU+Iceland+Norway (and +Switzerland if defined as the European Free Trade Association (EFTA)). Not sure what level of association the UK is going to end up with after Brexit yet...

I don't think an origin/destination open-jaw 'within the EU/EEA/EFTA zone' would be unreasonable.

Originally Posted by wandering_fred
Given the premiums that the airlines charge on a per sector basis I can't see this happening... But with AA adding a premium Y cabin, I would really really like to see a premium Y RTW added to the rules...
I agree, it'd be nice to see. Slight issue in that, for now, very few of the booking classes for PE are aligned, unlike A/D/L, and there wouldn't be a straightforward name for the hypothetical PEONEx.

The current longhaul PE surcharges are silly compared to the overall cost of a RTW though.