FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip Report forum thread roasting Air Canada
Old Aug 8, 2016, 12:02 am
Jumper Jack

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by capedreamer
This is not going to make me popular.

I have no comment on SFO777's assessment of AC's J catering or inflight service, but I found that report off-putting from the beginning. Somewhere between the exaggerated voice and the gratuitous insulting of fellow travelers (while sharing photos of their clearly visible faces no less), my sympathy for the OP disappeared.

It seemed remarkable to me that in a cabin of (at most) 14 people, the OP found himself surrounded by two "DYKWIA" "clowns," a "wimp," and a "dreaded," "clueless" seatmate who failed to clutch his "effing Starbucks cup." Maybe the offending parties all deserved to be chided, but my natural inclination was to discount everything else in that report because the OP came across as an elitist, entitled crank.

To be clear, I don't know SFO777 personally, and based on everyone else's comments, he seems like a well-respected, well-liked veteran of the FT community. But for someone with no prior interactions with him, that was my honest reaction to the report.

Flame away.

In all fairness, I pretty much encounter at least 1-2 DYKWIA on nearly every flight in NA.. I just don't post about it.

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Aug 8, 2016 at 12:46 am