FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MGC at Sam's Club(2016-2017)
View Single Post
Old Aug 7, 2016, 6:31 am
vagrants

Originally Posted by Chasepoints
Thanks for the info! I tried with a different credit card on a second attempt and still received the cancellation message. They also told me that I could only pay with debit, check, or cash. There are several other Sam's Clubs in the area which I will attempt and see what happens. It surprised me that I could pay with a credit card the day before and then yesterday I could not.
It's their (WM/Sam's) standard procedure to tell you it's debit only if/when buying vGC with a CC fails even at the manager level. And, whatever the reason is, some registers have no problem but other registers have a problem with CC Chip within the same store. But, there is a chance that particular Sam's decided to go against with vVG purchase with CC & hardcoded not to allow...keep trying & see...

When WM was having a problem with CC Chips to buy vGCs, sometimes I had to insert & remove 4x or more (I figured a way around it though). But, I think WM fixed the issue with CC chips to buy vGC (transaction cancelled error), at least around here I haven't encountered any problem recently. Hope the Sam's gets their terminal programming updated if not done so already (I'll find out in a couple of day).

Last edited by vagrants; Aug 7, 2016 at 6:37 am