FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any way to get Delta MQM waiver if can't get approved for an Amex?
Old Aug 6, 2016, 8:45 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by FlyWell2009
I've had an account canceled in the past with Amex so I can't get approved for a new Amex card. I have a friend with great credit who would be willing to get the card for me and the idea was to then attach my SkyMiles number to it, but I called Amex and they said the SkyMiles number has to correspond to the name of the primary cardholder?

Are there any workarounds for this? Or if you can't get an Amex you can't get an MQM waiver since Delta only offers Amex credit cards and Amex won't let you attach a SkyMiles number to the card that differs from the primary cardholder?
Are you talking about the MQD (spend) waiver or the additional MQMs that some AmEx DL cards give you based on total spending on the card?

For the first, just spend enough on DL tickets.

For the second, fly more or buy tickets that give additional MQMs based on the cabin class or fare class.

DL status does not require a DL AmEx card.