FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Involuntary Award Changes / What To Do (merged threads)
Old Aug 2, 2016, 9:18 pm
GlobalMatt

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by MrPink
"...it's dropped from a 777 with F to a 767-300 with J only. This seems like a pretty big quality drop to me as I think this is an old-style J config AFAICT. I think it's only got angled-lie-flat, and I think I might've had a new/refurbed 777 config when I booked it."
While this is a brutal swap on paper, considering you're going from 77W equip out of BCN to a 763, you may be happy(er) to know that AA and BA have a contract that all transatlantic flights must be with the new ^ J class on 763 equipment (as of summer 2015), meaning you WILL, at the very least, get the new fully lie-flat product. While it IS more narrow than the old 767 angle-flat....at least it is not...well...angle-flat.

Information on this agreement can be found in this 767-300 CIP thread (around page 10): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ussion-99.html

While this certainly isn't the new (and sexy) 773ER product, it won't be as depressing as the old angle-flats, that it seems as though my wife and I will be dealing with on our next trip to Hawaii. Hope this helps, MrPink!

FINAL THOUGHT: (That said, I certainly wouldn't hesitate to let AA know that you need fair compensation in the form of vouchers and/or miles.)

Last edited by GlobalMatt; Aug 2, 2016 at 9:22 pm Reason: added final though