FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airplane Graveyard near Victorville, CA
View Single Post
Old Aug 2, 2016, 7:59 pm
Madone59

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Viewing from public roads

I made my first trip to VCV this past weekend, and I've got to bump this thread to seek answers on a few questions. I was there on a Sunday so it was very easy to drive through the parking lots of the Southern California logistics facility and peer through the fence. Some of the planes going into paint were so close I felt like I could reach out and touch them.

I drove through the parking lots and then left on Perimeter Rd, driving up past the power plant to where the road is fenced and no longer accessible to the public. I poked my lens through the fence again but was still very far from the big parking lot of planes on the North end of the field.

I tried to get closer to the North end by taking Adelanto road to Colusa to Helendale but Adelanto turns into dirt and I did not have the vehicle for the job. Has anyone ever driven behind the North end of VCV? I assume the road remains unpaved and public but I can't imagine it won't attract possible unwanted attention. Any insight would be appreciated. I am planning on going back in September prepared to off road it as needed to get some more great photos.