FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 7:08 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lkat
You are among those that have in the past been able to churn the business card despite the previous 18mth language correct? I have been curious as to whether or not the new 24 month language would have any impact on those who had been able to do this with the old restrictive language of 18 mths. I opened a citi bus card last fall and closed it this March. I didn't get around to applying for a second one (to see which bucket I fell into) before the new language came out.
I think you're confused. The business card didn't have 18-month language for a long time after the personal cards already had it. The business card was the last to get that language.

So I don't think there were people who were able to churn the business card "despite" the 18-month language. Rather, there were people who were able to churn the business card at the time that the personal card had 18-month language but the business card didn't yet.

I thus never assumed that anyone would able to churn the business card now any faster than 24 months, and thus was surprised to see that you were surprised that the 24 month language is indeed enforced.

The only loophole for the 18-month language that I am aware of was the World -> World Elite loophole, which AFAIK only applied to the personal card, not the business card.

Also, people's ability vs inability to churn the business card (before the relatively recent 18/24-month wording) had nothing to do with timing. Some people were able not able to churn it no matter how many years they waited, while other people were able to churn in less than a year IIRC.