FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complaints / Rants / Problems with QR
View Single Post
Old Aug 2, 2016, 4:59 pm
crombiestone

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by remdk
hapuna this has already been answered by msm200uk in post 2330 of http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...l#post26914507.
"The issue with the Long-Haul J/F to Y connection, is purely down to QR staffing.

However, it is not all staff, but specifically the Escalator Dragons who don't know the rules themselves, and are there specifically to scan a J/F onward boarding pass.

My advice in situations like this, is to take the Lift up to the Lounge.

Doing so, means you arrive at the Reception Desk of either the Al Safwa or Al Mourjan, and the desk staff are very good and aware of the rules.

The regular QR Forum FTers tend to know the rules better than the QR Staff, but their word is the rule of the moment.

I've had 'discussions' with QR Escalator Dragons at the Al Safwa, and then just use the Lift to circumvent their lack of knowledge regarding the Rules.

It is frustrating I appreciate, and better training is perhaps needed - but that won't happen overnight."

If you are departing DOH in J then you will have access to Al Mourjan.
Im curious as in a past post you said it was highly unlikely you would experience Al Safwa but now youre the elevator expert 🙄 . As an aside were you there on 27th july with 4 kids in tow ? Just curious . Personally Ive never had any problems visiting Al Safwa with a valid boarding pass on multiple visits