FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Prestige benefit and reward changes effective July 23, 2017
Old Jul 31, 2016, 6:03 pm
edealinfo12345

Originally Posted by yugi
It's all because of Costco deal, and also Chase helped here with giving 5x on Freedom till the end of the year. Now, if they continue with that, and also add competitive Sapphire Reserve card, Citi will be completely screwed. And also Amex is offering very good bonuses lately. I already racked 425000 MR points in the last 3 month.
I can't see how Citi still comes out ahead with cards such as the Double Cash, Citi Costco and the Prestige (before its recent benefit reduction). Their match simply doesn't add up. They likely have wafer thin margins but make up because of immense volume of $$$ run on those cards.

Originally Posted by garykung
At least Citi is dare to send out an email so quick...

Citi'c changes for other products are still not yet officially announced...
What "other" changes??????? They recently actually increased benefits on many cards including the period of extended warranty and the amount of coverage for trip cancellation insurance.

Originally Posted by MapleLeafss
...but I almost never fly AA so I don't care about Admiral's Club or AA redemptions. I get tons of use out of Priority Pass flying mostly through LGA and YYZ and also use the 4th night free 2-3x per year for anywhere from $400-$700 each time.
The AA lounge at LGA requires you to pay for even snacks. So other than seating, what purpose does this lounge serve anyway?

Last edited by mia; Jul 31, 2016 at 6:20 pm