FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline
View Single Post
Old Jul 29, 2016, 6:03 pm
24left
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by eigenvector
From the Globe and Mail:

"Air Canada thrilled with Rouge, mulls expansion"

So here were are 439 pages, 6,585 posts and rouge is still here.

Somewhere between post 3,770 (mine, on Sept 14, 2014) and now, I posted that I believed rouge would become Air Canada's mainline operation in North America. I said that the PLH transcon routes along with the key high-profile international routes, would remained Air Canada branded.

I still believe that as do others. No matter...

"Air Canada thrilled with Rouge, mulls expansion"

So, I thought you might all enjoy a blast from the past, since no one likes to think anyone will look at old posts. These are worth it:

(bolding mine)

Dec 18, 12, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by [B
Rosens222[/B];19878376]From Financial Post:

Air Canada targets new leisure destinations with low-cost carrier Rouge

Air Canada will unveil its new low-cost carrier and leisure group Tuesday under a new brand, Rouge, targeting several new leisure destinations in Europe and the Caribbean starting in July, sources familiar with the plan have said.

The initial details about Rouge were the first to emerge in what is a key part of Air Canada’s strategy to lower its costs and expand in the years ahead. The low-cost carrier, coupled with the airline’s new 787 Dreamliners, is expected to have a dramatic impact on the competitiveness of the airline’s fleet.

While not all the details were known ahead of the launch of the new brand Tuesday at an event in Toronto, Air Canada is said to be targeting several new destinations in Italy, Scotland, Greece, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Costa Rica and Jamaica.

It is believed the carrier will launch in the East, flying from Toronto and Montreal, and that only one of the destinations in those countries will be an existing one, sources said.

Jun 5, 14, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by [B
Ben Lipsey[/B];22983007]......The choice is simple: you have options. rouge isn't for everybody, while we think it is a quality product that is proving popular on certain markets (look at May's results for proof), it may not be for you and that's okay. I'm not sure what else I can say.

This one is a gem:

Jun 6, 14, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by [B
CloudsBelow[/B];22988644].....
We’ve listened to all these insightful posters blah, blah, blah from their 1998 business textbooks and Google searches dismissing the “AC Apologists” for 200 pages. 200 freaking pages of, You know, “ Rouge would never start” ...... "Rouge will never last” ... Rouge would never succeed ... Rouge is wrong for Canadian travellers ... Brand is everything and Rouge was going to contaminate the AC Brand .... NO business can succeed with a weak or mis-aligned Brand ..... Rouge is a PR nightmare ........ Rob Lowe made fun of Rouge hats ....... Jann Arden hammered Rouge ..... Baggage handlers throwing bags 30 feet .... Skytrax reviews will doom Rouge ... Transat was going to eat their lunch .....