FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LondonHouse Chicago, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-IL}
Old Jul 29, 2016, 1:25 am
billygui

Programs: LH Senator / AF Plat / QR Plat / HH Diamond Life / MR Plat
Got offered approx. 150.000 points compensation, after a 5 night-stay booked for 240.000 points. This is the e-mail I sent to Guest Assistance after a horrible stay there:

"This has been one of my worst Hilton stays ever - and I have over 300 nights per year normally. Every Curio experience I’ve had in the past was terrible, but this one has managed to be even worse.

On the first two days, the A/C stopped working three times. Each time, maintenance staff fixed but the problem returned a few hours later. I was not offered to change rooms, as the hotel was full. We slept without A/C at around 80 degrees for the first two nights. On the second day, the room hadn’t been cleaned by around 4pm, so I called the reception and asked for it to be cleaned. When I returned at around 6pm, it hadn’t been done. I asked once again, and went for dinner. At 11:30pm, when I came back, it hadn’t been cleaned.

Next morning, I spoke with the FOM Mr. Keith, and explained these issues and some other staff attitude issues. He apologized, and we agreed that the room would be cleaned and the A/C would be fixed in 30 minutes (10:30am). He informed me that he would reimburse my first two nights (48.000 points each and additionally would provide 50.000 points as compensation). When I came back in the afternoon, around 3pm, the A/C was working but the room was still dirty. Additionally, there were debris from the A/C maintenance everywhere. I had to request, once again, for the room to be cleaned. When we returned at around 6pm, the room was finally clean, but the A/C once again did not work. I was then offered to change rooms, to a lower category (Suite instead of Vista Suite).

Yesterday, the 3rd day, the room was only cleaned at 5:45pm. Today, on the 4th day, I went out at 1pm and asked for the room to be cleaned on the next hour, for I would have to work upon my return. I came back at 4:15pm and the room was being cleaned, I had to wait. Once again, my request was ignored.

This is all beyond the acceptable. I would imagine that, after speaking to management, I would not face any issues of the same kind. Also, I would expect management to verify that the maintenance was correctly done, and if not, block a similar room for me to change. I’m traveling with a lot of luggage, and it was really inconvenient to change rooms. The attitude and service provided is horrible, and I should not have to ask more then once for the room to be cleaned.

An additional point which needs to be mentioned is the breakfast. I don’t even bother going there anymore, as you can’t normally find a table to sit. The breakfast is a makeshift counter at the lobby bar, with a coffee, couple of pastries and an omelet station. I asked for toast, and was informed I’d have to pay $6 for it! There are only 5 proper tables, and the rest are low-height coffee tables which are not adequate for a meal. If the hotel does not have a proper restaurant to serve breakfast, the Diamond breakfast should be allowed to be ordered from room service.

You should really review the Hilton Brand standards, which are definitely not being followed at this property. As a Diamond member, with over 300 nights per year, I expect better from you."