FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Prestige benefit and reward changes effective July 23, 2017
Old Jul 28, 2016, 3:44 am
baroqen

Originally Posted by moonwoo
I still see value in this card but would like to see the fee reduced to 350 (effectively making the AF $100). As I see it now, it's basically going to become a SP card with Priority Pass for a hundred dollars more than the SP annually (when you subtract the air credit), if they drop the AF by a hundred dollars, they would definitely be very competitive again.

To answer your question, I will probably keep it at the current annual fee but will definitely keep it at $350
I feel the same. Ultimately, the point devaluation isn't a big deal to me as I'm planning transfer to miles. I also don't fly AA, as I'm based internationally for now so AA lounge access isn't a big deal either. The change to fourth night free could be good or bad. Obviously losing tax coverage sucks, but the averaging out the rate is good for people when the fourth night rate is cheaper than the averager rate so it's not too bad.

Of course, everyone's situation is different. Some people really value the benefits that were lost, so it would make sense for them to be upset and cancel. For me, the airfare rebate, fourth night free and PP Select with guests benefits have been the biggest ones for me. Removing one of these (or making the airline reimbursement to incidentals only) would probably cause me to cancel but the one year advance notice is definitely a classy move on Citi's part. I don't think I could get angry as that gives plenty of time to find an alternative.

Of course, if another card came out with these three benefits, I might consider consider making a switch from the Prestige and just keeping my Premier. The City National Visa Infinite looks extremely interesting (especially if I move home) and I'm excited to see the new Sapphire Reserve as well. If Chase does it right, the Sapphire Reserve is perfectly timed to take advantage of all of these disgruntled Prestige cardholders.