FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MUC Munich Airport Tips & Experiences
View Single Post
Old Jul 28, 2016, 2:41 am
JMGPhila

Programs: AA, BA, Admirals, Accor, HHG, Global Entry
Originally Posted by nux
This should be posted here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/germany-626/
If you search there for "MUC" (including the quotation marks) you will find several hundred threads about all aspects of it.
Thanks, Nux. I understand the frustrations to the veterans with over threading. I am spanking new, although I have known about this highly addictive site for years. I will post there. Thank you

J

Originally Posted by gpia
You'll surely get better answers in the Germany Destination forum. Maybe a mod agrees and moves it over there?

As for things to do at the airport: Munich is one of the better airports to hang around. There's a brewery (AirBräu) with an outdoor Biergarten between the Terminals, next to a great supermarket. You can easily spend a couple of hours around there for lunch and/or dinner.

Depending on time, and if weather permits, you could check out the Visitors Park and climb the "Affenhügel", or "Monkey Hill" . Great views of the tarmac and takeoff/landings.
Thank you for the info! I am going to move this over to the above link you and Nux gave, but figure I will ask you one thing...

Is the Biergarten or "Hill" accessible from Arrivals, Departures or outside of the terminals?

My entire trip (PHL-DCA/IAD-LHR-MUC/MUC-LHR-OSL/OSL-LHR-LAS/LAS-PHL) is for flying on F awards (and J where F not available) more than spending time in all of the countries I will be going to. -So, anyways, my point is to really fly and spend time at airports and check out all the lounges. Although it is a two-week trip.

Wow what a great link! I still don't know my answer about accessing arrival, departure or general access...

Moved to:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/germa...l#post26979889

Last edited by beckoa; Jan 14, 2018 at 1:05 am Reason: merged consecutive posts