FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREOPENING] Excited for upcoming St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Archived]
Old Jul 26, 2016, 6:18 pm
beastieb

Originally Posted by BobbySteel
How did you confirm overwater? They told me only garden villa available
Not sure exactly, but there was availability for what seemed all room types on my dates. That being said, garden was available for c+p for 15,750 a night plus 200 something cash or 31,500 points. Overwater was 32,500 points, no c+p options. Beach and Sunset over water villas were also available but significantly more points than the other two options, like almost double; but I don't remember the exact amounts.

I doubt these rates will stay being that a night at the W Maldives is like 90K/night. My guess is this might just be the rates while its newly opened and they will adjust at some point to be more in line with the w. When I first starting looking at the award options for the Maldives, the W came up and I was shocked by how many points it was to redeem an award night there so when I came across the St Regis would be opening soon I assumed it would be more points than the W and didn't think it would be a possibility. I also now have less than 100 star points left in my account.