FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Jetblue Upgrades
View Single Post
Old Jul 26, 2016, 7:14 am
FLIHGH

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by bbtrvl
I have seen B6 GA try to upsell EMS immediately prior to departure (sometimes at a discount) but rare that they will move someone for free. Practically the only time anyone gets EMS for free is when the FA has to move someone from the exit row.

It is much more common that if there is a lot of room open up front, the B6 GA or FA will move people around so the middles are empty.

I have been on quite a few completely full B6 flights and have not ever seen anyone bumped involuntarily. I think it is less likely than certain other airlines because B6 allows seat selection for free and so almost everyone has seat assignment on check in anyway, making it more difficult for overbookings to happen.
I guess I just do a good job of making friends with the various GA across their network- BOS, IAD, DCA, TPA, JFK GA have all bumped me up for free- even on non-full flights. I'm mainly on the 190, so no middle seats there. Most of these were just to EMS, but I flew mint for free back in 2014. Politeness and kindness go a long way in today's world.