FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Prestige benefit and reward changes effective July 23, 2017
Old Jul 26, 2016, 12:01 am
beachfan

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by slivrflyr
High AF cards in my portfolio: Amex Plat, United Club, Ritz, and Prestige

having both prestige and premier i am trying to grasp the value of prestige given my likely continuing to hold Amex and United Club.

- Prestige: Priority pass 2 guests is great. i have Lounge Pass via Ritz and haven't seen to what extent PP does offer better coverage. Most layovers I make are in Europe and not domestic.

- Extended 24m warranty is also offered by Premier, although i am questioning the ease of fulfillment vs Amex.

The one sticking point I have in favor of Prestige is the travel insurance: broader definition of covered incidents for delays and cancelations plus the time it takes for delay coverage to begin: Prestige is 3 hours vs 12 hours (or overnight stay)

Is there real value in this over chase?
As long as it isn't an award ticket, in which case reimbursement is limited to taxes and fees. I use CSP for those.

Last edited by beachfan; Jul 26, 2016 at 12:27 am