FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What would happen to a reward booking on HG if AB went to the wall?
Old Jul 25, 2016, 10:49 am
headingwest

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Prospero
There were those of us who faced this very situation in 2012 when Malev ceased trading. BA provided protection to customers with tickets issued on BA stock - rerouting on BA or a refund.
Thank you Prospero, that is indeed reassuring to know.

Originally Posted by ptr120
I live close to an AB hub in Germany and haven't heard any of the rumours that you mention. If there are financial issues, I'd suggest that they are far from terminal. The airline is part owned by Etihad which gives them a very stable partner, and also consumer protection in your country is strong so even in the event of the airline going tits-up, I would suggest that you'll be protected. As normal have travel insurance in place - you have got travel insurance, haven't you?
Lots of stories circulating at the moment. Google 'air berlin' and select news for a few of them! Personally I don't believe Etihad will continue bailing them out forever.