Old Jul 21, 2016, 6:21 am
ozstamps
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 84fiero

Reform the moderator concept in general, including:

- Reduce the scope of what can be moderated to cut down on over-reach

- Require better transparency as to some moderator actions

- Listen and respond to constructive feedback about moderator actions and remove the rule making it a thought crime to discuss or comment about moderation (assuming it is respectful, civil, etc).
Originally Posted by mahasamatman

Unfortunately, I cannot answer this question honestly without violating the FlyerTalk T&C. In fact, it's even possible that making that statement could be a violation of the T&C.
Agree with both comments, but the Moderator Group will refuse to accept any of the above, and they run FT (a few dozen members, among 100,000s) so this will never change.

It is certainly the main reason many senior and high posting FT'ers post little in recent times. Not good at all for IB ad revenues of course, but that's the clear trade-off.

Those policies worked fine in East Germany and the USSR. Both successful Global superpowers today, as we all know. Times change. @:-)

"Moderation only in MODERATION" - might be a really novel concept to consider, going forward.

Never going to happen here however, so why even bother asking members for input?

There used to be an "Ask Randy Petersen" forum here, where such things could be raised with no Mod sanctions, but a Moderator would immediately lock any new topic along these lines. Bizarre. Stazi.com.

Perhaps this thread is like those PayPal "how did we do" surveys that no-one there ever reads or acts on either?

This post indeed may disappear at any second with no advice to me - that is fine, as that is what the current TOS allows for.

Last edited by ozstamps; Jul 21, 2016 at 8:25 am