FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - logmyflight.net - New personal flight logger
Old Jul 20, 2016, 11:05 pm
logmyflight

Originally Posted by thegrailer
First comments

Looks good so far. Cheers!
Thanks for the review, I appreciate it!
Unfortunately, for the moment and until the 31st of July, I'm actually on vacations on a zone with bad wifi so I don't have many time and the tools to make big modifications on the website.

When looking to add/modify an airline, typing the 2 letter code doesn't pull up the airline. I am so used to typing AA or UA or whatever. Not a big deal but something other folks my find makes the system easier to use.
You're right, this would be a nice feature. For the moment, I've added the two letter code to the name of the airlines on the "pull list". This means that when typing the code, the airline will show up (but along with all the airlines that have these two letters in their name). I will try to find a better solution later on.

More modifying nits: when I am modifying an entry, the aircraft on record disappears. For example, I just fixed a BA to AA typo (my fault) and the aircraft, B772, ended up blank for what was previously recorded. On a dummy change, the aircraft disappears without making any other changes. Flight class disappears too. Other info might change too I just haven't seen that yet. Modifications via complete/regular version option
That's strange, I had a similar problem before but I made some changes and it seemed to be working fine. A dummy change on my personal flights doesn't result in lost informations on my account for example.To help me find out the problem, could you go back to the modify page of the flight you tried to modify earlier and give me the code that appears in the url (after the "flightid=")?

Inconsistent aircraft naming. One says 772 while another says Boeing 777-200. Can you maybe add a switch to alternate from 772 to Boeing 777-200 (or whatever?)
I'm aware of this problem. This is definitely something I will look into when I have more time.

One last modifying comment, maybe add a function to modify multiple entries at once without having to go back through the loop. Or maybe this is just me trying to get used to the site and how it works
Modify multiple flights isn't an easy thing to implement. What I can (and will) do is to try to find a shortcut to speed up the process. I've just added this to my "to-do" list.

Please don't make flight times mandatory. I have flights from up to 10+ years ago that I haven't added to other sites because it is a pain working around departure and arrival times. Having to make up times and then make sure that they work with the site makes for a do not use problem for me ---
It's not difficult to change this field to a non-mandatory field but it requires some testing before being pushed live, to make sure that it doesn't introduce any bug with the calculation of the duration, for example. I will have a look at this when I get back home as well.

Cheers!