FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "If I ran FlyerTalk..."
View Single Post
Old Jul 20, 2016, 12:20 pm
Non-NonRev
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
I would look at ways to improve the ability to guide people asking for help, especially first-time posters:

1. When someone with a post count of less than, say, ten tries to post, I would have a screen come up that asks them to be sure that they have included sufficient information to allow for meaningful responses. Tell them that specific details, such as whether the trip is on one or multiple tickets, specific date, are required to be able to receive good responses. And ask them to be sure that their thread title is meaningful .

2. There used to be an unofficial policy that threads with no recent activity not be revived. This should be a formal policy, with threads auto-closing after x months of inactivityyour (possibly going into a special closed-thread archive that would show up in searches).

3. Some moderators seem to be reluctant to, if not outright refuse to, change or update thread titles, even when the change would be very helpful to subsequent readers. If someone goes to the trouble of notifying a mod about a misleading or obsolete title, the mod should have no issue with using their discretion to correct the title.

Last edited by Non-NonRev; Jul 23, 2016 at 11:17 am