FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [LIVE] Weekend trip to Costa Rica in BA J & F
Old Jul 15, 2016, 8:38 am
megaloman

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Gatwick Clubrooms

At Gatwick - train station and South terminal looked like a zoo, it was pleasantly quiet at North terminal. Went to check in at Hampton by Holiday in which conveniently is connected to the terminal building - will need it when I land at 2am from Alicante!

Went to the British Airways checkin area... looked like there was some issues with baggage - never seen a queue to the Club check in desks here! Was first in the queue in the First check in area, but waited around 10 minutes for any agent to see me. Got my boarding pass without issues in seconds though - agent seemed relieved I was not checking the bag!

Security - premium line, which used to be next to the BA's check-in, is now closed. New premium line was a breeze - took seconds to go through! But, then - again long walk to the lounges! Got a pass to the clubrooms within seconds - but before heading there decided to ask if they could print out my boarding passes and check my passport for my later trip.

The customer service lady at the British Airways desk was brilliant - she's checked me in for all my flights back to London, so got boarding passes for ALC ✈ LGW, LGW ✈ SJO, SJO ✈ MIA and MIA ✈ LHR! Also got two Sq.001's - on ALC ✈ LGW and MIA ✈ LHR I wonder who got Sq.001 on LGW ✈ SJO as I checked in quite early and got Sq.005 :?

Clubrooms are nice - quite enjoyed my stay there. Did not understand a concept of reserving tables - looks like some people pre-booked sofas and tables... anyhow table where I wanted to sit wasn't reserved.

My flight was a bit delayed - scheduled departure 15:55, estimated departure 16:21 - so I got a weird spinach ravioli and some gin and tonic.

Oh well, no FeverTree tonic... going to catch my plane now!

Last edited by megaloman; Jul 15, 2016 at 9:02 am